ORA-01127

From: William O'Neill <wfoneill_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:04:57 -0800

Received this message today when I tried to 'START' my Oracle 9i (Enterprise) db at home. Am using WIN2K. The error, as found in Oracle documentation, tells me that the DB name is too long, eg. TEST.NHEMS.DB; tells me further to shorten the name to 8 characters or less, but doesn't tell me where(what file) I should do this in. Anyone have any insights here?
PS - am not a DBA, nor do I intend to become one. Only trying to familiarize myself with Oracle 9i. Thank you. Received on Sat Mar 30 2002 - 18:04:57 CST