Basic: Index on Primary Key

From: Praveen <pmohanan_at_directvinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:24:21 -0800

Hi..All,

    This might be a basic question. As far as I have learned, we should first create an Index(es) on the column(s) identified as primary key of a table. Then alter the table to create the primary key, so that the Key automatically uses the index instead of creating its own index in the system tablespace. How much of this is true?

TIA

--

Regards,

Praveen