create database/user administration

From: Theo Klein <theoklein77_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:56:08 +0100

I have a few questions:

1)How can I create a database in Oracle 9i without the database configuration assistent just with the "create database" command ? The problem is that I can't start SQL*PLus without log in to an existing database.So I
logged in to an existing database and executed the "disconnect" command and then tried to execute "create database test" but I get the error "Not connected".
If I don't disconnect before the create-command I get the message "CREATE DATABASE not successfull". What can I do ?

2)During creating a database with the database configuration assistant I can change passwords in the password administation window.But how can I change the passwords for SYS and SYTEM and open/close user accounts with command lines ?

3)How can I change users/passwords with the configuration assistant after creating a database ?
(I can't do it when I choose the menu point "configure database options in a database")

Theo Klein Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 11:56:08 CST