perl oracle connection problems

From: Stefan <st_stefanov_at_bulgaria.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 07:34:12 -0800

I want to connect using PERL to ORACLE 8 database running on the same server (Windows 2000).
On this server is no TNS listener running. I saw that a program written in C connects to ORACLE using ODBC. I tried to use DBD::Oracle without success. Is it possible to connect to the ORACLE (using DBD::Oracle or DBD::ODBC)
without running TNS listener on the same machine?

Any answers will be appreciated.

Thanks

Stefan Received on Thu Mar 28 2002 - 09:34:12 CST