Re: database doesnt shutdown , help needed

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:54:06 -0000

It will not shut down if sessions are connected.

Check v$session table before you shutdown. You will have connections that are open.
(the oracle Reference manual contains details of v$session)

Please note this is bad. When you restart the DB it must roll forward and back, so you are taking a backup of an unstable system....

Please note this also includes SQLPLUS that are connected but not apparently doing anything.