SQL question

From: Russ Brooks <russ.brooks_at_dayzim.com>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 12:44:18 -0800

Hi,
  I'm having trouble getting some SQL working. I'm trying to combine the data in two tables into a third table. All of the fields but one will be extracted from the second table. The problem is that the field that I'm trying to join the first two tables with, sql_text, is unique in the first table, but not in the second and Table2 has more rows than Table1. Table1 does not have all the different values of sql_text so there will not be a matching hash_value to input into Table3 in all cases, which is okay. I can go back and fill in the missing hash_values at a later date.
Is there anyway to do this?

Table1
hash_value
sql_text

Table2
sql_text
buffer_gets

Table3
hash_value
buffer_gets

Thanks,

Russ Brooks Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 14:44:18 CST