MSDAORA and Oracle 8.1.7 - problems establishing connection

From: Matt Man <matt.mcdonnell.90_at_bc.edu>
Date: 27 Mar 2002 09:08:21 -0800

I am running the 8.1.7 Client from an NT box trying to connect to an 8.1.7 Server running on Win2K.

Net8 Assistant has no problems connecting to the database and with some troubleshooting, the Oracle ODBC driver works fine, while the MS ODBC driver for Oracle however will not... is there a related issue here?

I've been pouring over the archived newsgroups for the past 24 hours and still cannot find a solution to my problem. I have put in the TRS_ADMIN registry key, I've double and triple checked my tnsnames.ora file and I've even added the service name to my local hosts file (although I'm confident that this doesn't change anything anyway)

There's a chance I might solve this by using OraOLEDB.Oracle instead... but I wonder if there isn't a simpler solution. Switching to OraOLEDB.Oracle now would blow-up my testing efforts.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Matt Man Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 11:08:21 CST