Re: How do you become a programmer? Please read!!

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:02:29 GMT

I second what Ryan said. There is no best way. And there are dozens of different ways. Right now I would recommend going to http://store.oracle.com and purchasing ($39 US) a copy of Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition. Do the default installation on a clean Windows NT or Windows 2000 machine and find as basic a book as you can (I hate to say it but there is an Oracle 8i for Dummies book that's better than worthless).

At the university we are exploring the possibility of offering on-line classes later this year in Oracle. If that happens I will post notice of it at comp.databases.oracle.marketplace.

Dan Morgan