sql processing of local tables

From: Richard Booker <rbooker_at_21stcentury.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 05:55:38 -0600

Is it possible to do SELECT statements on the server and write result tables to my C: drive and then use SQL to further process them there?

I'm brand new to Oracle and SQL.

I need to produce a flat file (ASCII fixed) for another agency from an Oracle 8i database residing on a web server in our DMZ.

Because the format of the flat file is so different from our Oracle tables, I will need to do a quite a bit of massaging of the data.

Any help to point me in the right direction is appreciated. Received on Wed Mar 27 2002 - 05:55:38 CST