"processes" initialization parameter

From: Kevin S. Smith <SpamNoMore_at_EriePlating.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:49:56 -0500

I am installing Enterprise Manager for Oracle 8i. When creating the management server, I am getting an error stating that it won't be supported becuase my "processes" init param is set to 150 and the minimum is 200. (if you could explain why it needs to be that high, that would be great too.) Anyway, I change the init param, but don't want to wait until the time is right (which is no time soon) to bounce the database. Is there a way to change this dynamically. Any suggestions would be great. Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 14:49:56 CST