Re: Storing Java Objects in Oracle

From: vrw <linux4m32000_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:32:38 +0000

Ken Denny wrote:

> Create your "stations" and "neighbors" tables. The "stations" table has
> all the information about the stations and the "neighbors" table has only
> two station id's. Another way is if you know the maximum number of
> neighbors any station can ever have then use the columns n1, n2, ... in
> the "stations table to hold the id's of the neighboring stations.

Hi Ken,

I think I'm gonna go with the second approach; it's cleaner. Lastly: how does one create a column that holds the SQL data type 'java_object' ? When I try (in Oracle 9i) something like "create table test(id number(5) primary key, my_objects java_object) SQL won't have any of it. I've also tried various different ways of putting brackets after the java_object clause, leaving them out, etc.:nothing works. I wonder whether Oracle 9i actually supports that data type... ?

Anyway, thanks for the help !!

Regards,

Volkmar Received on Tue Mar 26 2002 - 09:32:38 CST