Re: HELP! SP compiles but won't run

From: Tom Galczynski <tomg_at_asdsoftware.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 21:51:56 -0800

Thomas, thank you! I appreciate your help. Now my problem is, I can compile your procedure in SQL Worksheet without error. However, when I go to run it by entering the following line in SQL Worksheet

BEGIN p(1)

I get the following result:

ORA-06550: line 3, column 0:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of the following:

I am using Oracle 8.0. Is "BEGIN p(1)" correct syntax? Is there anything else I need to do in order to be able to run this properly? This is the first time I've tried to use a stored procedure to return a value so I'm sure it's something basic I am missing.

Cheers,
Tom G.