silent installation of ORACLE 8 client

From: Nermin Tanovic <hepek_at_hepek.com>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 08:55:59 -0800

Hi,

I have a bat file that initiates ORACLE 8 client silent installation.

file looks like this:
install\win32\setup.exe -responseFile M:\Oracle\ClientResponse.rsp

Is there a way to avoid hardcoding the path ("M:\Oracle") to a response file?

I have same problem in response file itself, take a look at this line: FROM_LOCATION="M:\Oracle\STAGE\PRODUCTS.JAR"

I need to avoid hardcoding the PATH.

Even if I keep all the files (setup.exe, bat file, response file) in a same folder, it does not work if I remove the path, tho following line does not work:
install\win32\setup.exe -responseFile ClientResponse.rsp

thanks
Nermin Received on Fri Mar 22 2002 - 10:55:59 CST