Re: Where can I find some sample data

From: News <thilbig_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 23:46:30 -0500

I meant to add that the scott/tiger sample just isn't enough data. I think the total schema is about 25 rows over 4 tables. It's impossible to demonstrate a few dozen types of reports on that amount of data. It's like trying to demonstrate MS Excel with a 2 columns by 2 row spreadsheet -- just not enough for an effective demo on Oracle.

I've searched Oracle's sites up and down, including OTN, and have not found any sample databases. Perhaps I'm just using the wrong keywords. I thought it would be easy to find, but I've come up totally empty. Any type of schema would be fine -- HR, Payroll, Sales -- I'll take any kind!

Tom