HELP! SP compiles but won't run

From: Tom Galczynski <tomg_at_asdsoftware.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 17:27:40 -0800

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong in this stored procedure?

CREATE PROCEDURE spKey (profile_id IN number, next_num OUT number) AS
BEGIN
SELECT fmlastkeyvalue + 1 INTO next_num FROM fmTableKey WHERE fmtable='rcriskassign';
UPDATE fmtablekey SET fmlastkeyvalue=next_num WHERE fmtable='rcriskassign';
COMMIT;
END; It compiles without error, but when I go to run it like this

spKey(1)

I get the following:

SQLWKS> begin spkey(1)

     2>
begin spkey(1)
*
ORA-06550: line 3, column 0:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "end-of-file" when expecting one of the following:

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Tom Galczynski
tomg_at_asdsoftware.com Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 19:27:40 CST