Re: 8i v. 9i?: Log_Checkpoint Timeout & Interval...

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:55:34 +0000

Noel Whelan wrote:

> In 9i, the init.ora file I've got includes no LOG_CHECKPOINT_TIMEOUT
> or LOG_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL info. Is it okay if I insert this
> information on my own? If it is, where in the file ought it to
> go...&/or, if not, where is the info otherwise in 9i (the instructions
> I've got to open the init.ora file & look for this info is for 8i).
> Thank you,
>
> Noel Whelan

They are still there - they just default to "intelligent" values. This is part of Oracle's drive to make the config simpler. You can add them to the standard init.ora file or your spfile.

Note that these parameters changed meaning in 8.1 (as compared to previous versions)

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald