Re: sqlplus ORA-03113 User

From: damorgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:52:23 GMT

If the SQL*Plus is on the client machines then this likely has nothing to do with permissions. I'll go back to my original question. Did you follow the instructions on the CD or wing it? Did you set the correct values for shared memory and semaphores? Did you create the correct UNIX groups and users? Did you put ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_BASE, and ORACLE_SID in users' .profiles?

If you did not follow the installation CD instructions remove it and start over again. ORA-03113 on a UNIX box is almost always caused by someone not following the installation instructions.

Daniel Morgan