Re: Pro*C dying with INTERNAL ERROR: Failed assertion [PGE Code=90105]

From: Lawrence V. Cipriani <lvc_at_ww3.lucent.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2002 14:18:14 GMT

In article <3C9806AC.5F55CC55_at_indra.com>, Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com> wrote:
>"Lawrence V. Cipriani" wrote:
>>
>> This one program of mine has been building fine for years, and now
>> in a new release we're getting a bizarre message out of Pro*C.
>> We're on Oracle 8.1.5, any ideas why this is happening ? The output
>> from Pro*C is:
>>
>> Pro*C/C++: Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production on Tue Mar 19 13:54:46 2002
>>
>> (c) Copyright 1999 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>>
>> System default option values taken from: /source/oracle8.1.5/precomp/admin/pcscfg.cfg
>>
>> INTERNAL ERROR: Failed assertion [PGE Code=90105]
>>
>> Memory fault
>>
>> This same program, still, builds fine in another release on the same
>> machine. Huh ?!? The program hasn't changed at all in a few years.
>> What's the significance of the PGE Code=90105 ? Thanks,
>>
>> If I run the proc command in a ksh script it prints "Segmentation Fault"
>> instead of "Memory fault" Could this build machine just be really low
>> on memory?
>I found several references to this error on metalink. Look there.

I found the problem after I ran truss on the proc process. It seems one of our new whipper snappers wrote a new header file with C++ // ... style comments and put that in a file that was indirectly #included in this Pro*C program, after they were changed to /* ... */ style comments proc ran fine. Thirty lashes for ye!! Received on Wed Mar 20 2002 - 08:18:14 CST