Going from 8.0.5 to 8.1.7

From: John <jriker1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2002 18:05:21 -0800

I have an 8.0.5 database and am doing a test of how things will run with 8.1.7. I do a full db dump and install a new 8.1.7 server. I try and import the user with imp fromuser touser after creating the user, but it keeps complaining about file paths and original tablespaces which don't match the original ones in my 8.0.5 database. Is there any way around this and if so, what is the correct exp and imp commands to do this as painless as possible? Thanks.

JR Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 20:05:21 CST