Blob scrambling

From: Not Me <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:52:12 GMT

Hey group,

I'm testing out my BLOB setup by inserting a small amount of text and then trying to pull it out. Each time I get the right length of data (about 69 bytes) but the content of that data is well scrambled.

I'm using Delphi 5 with the standard ADO recordset methods .AppendChunk and .GetChunk, and using Oracle's own ODBC provider (MS provider didn't get me anywhere near this). I'm also validating that the information uploaded is correct, and it always is; I've even tried base 64 encoding the data to see if using the reduced ASCII-only character set might help and it doesn't.

I've done bit-by-bit comparisons with the information as it goes in vs. when it comes out and I can't discern any patterns there (but that's probably not much of a surprise). Any help would be very appreciated! Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 13:52:12 CST