Re: Oracle 8i performance problem

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2002 08:51:49 -0800

"Satish Pennem" <fpennem_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<9A4l8.19083$r8.2302730_at_bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...
> I guess you guys need some dba at the site . Post an ad . Good Luck !
>
> "Fax" <mollygog_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:a72ifg$hue$1_at_wanadoo.fr...
> > Well, thanks for your reply :D
> >
> > Yes, random freeze seems to occur quite often...
> > Pardon my ignorance, but what is a log switch ?
> >

> > and where do I find this alert.log ? the main oracle directory ?
> >
> > Thanks again :D
> >

> > "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com> wrote in message
> > > Table cleanup? The symptoms you describe are that at some point during
> the
> > > day every terminal freezes up. I would look to see if a log switch is
> > > occurring at that point in time. Look at the alert.log file.
> > > Jim
> > > "Fax" <mollygog_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
> problem

> using

There could be a lot of variables here.What major things are done on your system at that time.It could be a lot of different things CPU,Memory,Lots of sql ,slow network,better tuning of the database etc.
Did you finally get to your alert log?
If you have more information feel free to update this thread God bless
Michael Tubuo Ngong(Sr DBA) Received on Tue Mar 19 2002 - 10:51:49 CST