varchar2s with Oracle 8i/9i

From: Greg <gmazujian_at_crosswinds.net>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 20:56:05 -0800

I am trying to migrate a Dynamic SQL stored procedure from 8.0.6 to 8i/9i. I am using the varchar2s implementation, which is a table of rows with a 256 character width. It works fine. I would like to be able to run this using the EXECUTE IMMEDIATE functionality, but don't know what I am doing wrong, or if it is supported. I have 23 rows in the table, which is in the variable v_ParseStr

If I go to say
EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :v_ParseStr, I receive back an error saying 'BAD BIND VARIABLE' . Does anyone know how to implement this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 22:56:05 CST