Re: Minimum hardware requirements for Oracle 9i

From: Peter Ikuobase <peter_at_novatel.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:46:02 -0000

Yoav,

The system requirements for Oracle 9i database are documented in the Installation Guide for Windows (Chapter2). Oracle states that the minimum requirements for installing Oracle on Windows 2000 are Pentium 166, 128 MB RAM, 2.75GB Oracle home drive (NTFS), 140 MB system drive (NTFS) and 400MB temp space.

Oracle's recommended hardware configuration is a Pentium 233/266 processor with 256MB RAM and necessary disk space as outlined above.

Beyond these minimum requirements, your hardware configuration will depend of the demands of your applications.

See the link below (you will need to register with technet if you have'nt already - registration is free.:
http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/90111install/re qs.htm#1195223

Hope this helps.

Peter

> > We're planning to implement Oracle 9i. I did not find any word for the
> > Minimum hardware requirements for Oracle 9i in the Oracle documentation
or
> > on the Oracle web pages.
> > We intend to use Windows 2000 or XP on an Intel Hardware.
> > What are the minimum requirements for CPU and Memory in a
Test-Environment