Passing table from form to server and back

From: Chris Boyle <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:28:12 -0500

Forms 6.0.5.32.0
Oracle 8.1.6

We have a form that generates an index-by table that needs further processing. When we pass that table to a procedure in the form it takes 3-5 seconds but the same data can be processed on the server side in less then 1 second. Is there a way to pass a table of data from a form to a server side process and back? The table is declared the exact same way in the form process as the server process but we keep getting an invalid type error message. Is this just a limitation of forms or can somebody suggest a workaround? I tried a search of the newsgroups with google and several manuals but did not find any solutions Received on Fri Mar 15 2002 - 09:28:12 CST