Re: New services with 8.1.7

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:33:39 +0100

> OracleOraHome817Agent
> is the Oracle IntelliAgent service. You need this one to run the Oracle
> Management Server Service on the local machine. For connecting to a remote
> OEM you do not have to have the agent running on the remote machine.

The agent has to run on the database server for full functionality of OEM. It's very simple: Is your machine a database server and do you want to use OEM -> start the agent and the data gatherer. If not, set the startmode of these two services to manual.

> I agree with the other posters. Most of these service are set to manual at
> installation time. You will not need them. If you want to run OEM you will
> have to start the Agent & Management Service. If you want to do some
> performance statistics you probably have to start the DataGatherer Service.

ACK.

--
Dipl.-Inform. Knut Talman                       Fon +49.30.72 62 01 411
myToys.de GmbH                                  Fax +49.30.72 62 01 222