Re: Internal password

From: Atul Agrawal <atul_ce_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:34:06 -0500

Pass words of sys and internal are two different things... what you are missing is this...

Internal password is set at the time of the sid creation...

I dont know about the linux server, but it is done using the ORADIM utility in Windows NT.
Now if you really want to change the password of internal...all you need to do this...

  1. Find the orapwd<sid> file on your machine.
  2. change the name of the file.
  3. If the server does not find this file, your instance will not start the next time... which means you have to created a new file now...
  4. this is how you do it. - run the oradim utility... oradim - delete -sid <sid name> oradim -new -sid <same sid name> -intpwd <New internal password> ....other options as required.. for a complete detail of the oradim utility options, please look in the oracle server manual, available online as well at

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/server.815/a67781/index.htm

and wala you are done...
now the internal password has changed... best of luck..

face any difficulty...
write back..
i have done it myself...

--

Atul Agrawal                     | Atul Agrawal
Masters Student, CS Deptt.       | 3501, St Paul Street,

Hello: 410-516-8291 (Lab)        | Hello: 410-366-6852 (Resi)