Re: Internal password

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 06:27:24 +1100

alter user sys identified by whatever.

Internal is just a keyword that means 'log me on as SYS with sysdba privileges'. Therefore, by altering SYS's password, you modify internal's.

However, the 'internal" keyword is deprecated from Oracle 8.0 onwards, and disappears completely in 9i, so the correct form of log on is 'connect sys/whatever as sysdba'.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com