Error: ORA-06512

From: MD <mdoeller_at_itec.uni-klu.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:41:57 +0100

Hi folks,

Has anyone an idea why I get this error during an external procedure call. below are some short code samples of my code:

  1. my pl/sql function is defined as follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION PLS_libInsert(key IN VARCHAR2, data IN VARCHAR2, tree_no IN BINARY_INTEGER) RETURN BINARY_INTEGER AS

    EXTERNAL LIBRARY libgist_lib
    NAME "gistlibInsert"
    LANGUAGE C
    PARAMETERS(key string, data string, tree_no int, return int);
/

2. my test pl/sql procedure looks like:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE InsertIt AS

     key varchar2(50);
     data varchar2(50);
     i integer;
     c integer;
BEGIN
     key := '4.91766 0.0182549';
     data := '0';
     i := 0;
     c := PLS_libInsert(key,data,i);
     dbms_output.put_line('The return of libInsert is '||c);
END;
/

So whenever I call the <InsertIt> procedure (example: execute InsertIt;) I get an ORA-06512 error. The C-library is working, and the amount of data is not too large (that`s what I suppose).

I also have the same problems with some other functions that call external procedures. But sometimes everything is ok. It drives my crazy.

So does anyone has an idea, what`s wrong!!

Thanks for any help!!

Yours
Mario Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 10:41:57 CST