TO_DATE & sqlldr

From: KTyson9426 <ktyson9426_at_aol.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 08:08:17 GMT

Hello and thanks in advance for anyone that can assist me.

I'm trying to use sqlldr to load both a date & time into a single field. Unfortunately I keep coming up with the same error anyway I try. My *.ctl file has the follow:

load data
infile *
append into table vmstat
fields terminated by ","
(ddate DATE "TO_DATE (:ddate||' '||:ttime, 'dd-mon-yy hhmi')",
  ttime CHAR,
  vmstat CHAR)
begindata
30-Jan-02, 0122, 'data'

This returns the following error in the *.log file.... I've pruned the *.ctl file completely down to the point it has nothing but the "(ddate DATE "TO_DATE
(:ddate||' '||:ttime, 'dd-mon-yy hhmi')) and I still get the same error.... As
near as I can figure the problem is appearently with the TO_DATE function... Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to regognize where the problem is. I would be extremly grateful to anyone that can point out my error..... Much thanks

  Column Name                  Position   Len  Term Encl Datatype
DDATE                               FIRST     *   ,       DATE TO_DATE

(ddate||' '||ttime, 'dd-mon-yy hhmi'

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table VMSTAT, column DDATE. ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

Record 2: Rejected - Error on table VMSTAT, column DDATE. ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis Received on Wed Mar 13 2002 - 02:08:17 CST