Re: HELP- How to find all tables created by a user?

From: Kevin Grant <X.Tenag_at_znvyobk.th.rqh.nh>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 02:56:36 GMT

"Scott Mattes" <ScottMattes_at_yahoo.com> wrote in news:q3wj8.408$x_2.130729 @news1.news.adelphia.net:

> I have always disliked logging on as one of my users,

Why? Blanket statements without any justification don't really help anyone.

>I prefer
>
> select table_name
> from all_tables
> where owner = 'username';

Except that this will only work if the owner of the table has granted you access or you are a privileged user. Remember the original poster stated that he was not a DBA nor did he have the password for SYS (or presumably any other privileged account).

In the situation that was described by the original poster the only option that I see is to connect as the user and perform a query on USER_TABLES. Or ask the DBA of course ;)

--
Kevin Grant
X.Tenag_at_znvyobk.th.rqh.nh - ROT13