How Do I create a Table Space over 16 GB?

From: Barry Raymond <barry_at_netbotz.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:09:24 -0600

I'm having problems with Oracle and a large database. I have plenty of disk space but the database pukes when it gets to 16GB. When I try to enlarge the datafile I get this error:

ORA-01144:(File size (4198600 blocks) exceeds maximum of 4194303 blocks.

I'm running Oracle 9i Enterprise on W2K on an NTFS filesystem. I've been reading up on the Oracle Raw file system, but it really doesn't metion over comming this problem and NTFS can handle really big file sizes anyway. Is there a way to enably 64bit file system support under W2K? The DB gets so large because I am inserting pictures into it so I can't just make the DB smaller. Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 17:09:24 CST