AWT and linux!!!!!

From: hajar <h_elmaghraoui_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2002 10:08:52 -0800

hello

i have a servlet which manipulate gif images it works on my local machine (WinXP)
but when i try to run it on a linux server mandrake (with apache) it fails.

knowing that in the first execution i have the following error

"Can`t connect to X11 window server using `:0.0` as the value of the
DISPLAY variable."

And after i always still have the following error:

"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/awt/motif/MToolkit

        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java: 320)

        at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)"

i think that this problem occurs in my servlet when executing this instruction:

Image awtImage = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage (...)

the Xserver is already activated on my linux server the enviroment variable DISPLAY has the value:

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

(notice i try DISPLAY=:0.0 and DISPLAY=131.107.0.40:0.0 and DISPLAY=:0 but i have also exactly the same errors) i had execute "xhost +localhost" to allow my machine(which is the linux server)
to access the Xserver
knowing that i run my servlet on the same machine

do you have any idea?

thanks

hajar Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:08:52 CST