Re: oracle jdbc driver question

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:11:33 +0200

Shantanu Sen wrote:

> I have a server which makes database calls to retrieve resultset and
> enumerates through the resultset to create objects (basically doing an OR
> mapping) and return the objects. The server can be hit with n concurrent
> users each on a separate thread. The db connections are pooled and

[SNIPped (the rest of your problem description)]

> Any ideas if this is a known problem with classes12.zip?
>
> Thanks,
> Shantanu Sen

Hi Shantanu,
I would suggest upgrading to the latest Oracle JDBC driver (which is available for download from...)

http://technet.oracle.com

and upgrading to the latest version of your Oracle 8i database (which is version 8.1.7.3 -- if I'm not mistaken). Oracle also says that you can use Merant's JDBC driver -- which some people claim is better than Oracle's...

http://www.merant.com

As far as I know, database connections take up _lots_ of memory. Oracle do have some connection pooling classes of their own. Have you tried using them? They are documented in Oracle's "JDBC Guide".

Have you also tried increasing the amount of memory available to your java process via the "java" command options? Look at the javadoc for more details.

Hope this helps you.

Good Luck,
Avi. Received on Tue Mar 12 2002 - 00:11:33 CST