Re: What database shall I use???

From: David W. Fenton <dXXXfenton_at_bway.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:53:00 GMT

corey.lawson_at_worldnet.att.com (corey lawson) wrote in <3c8c2550.31870118_at_netnews.att.net>:

>If you're only doing read-only access to Access [sic], then Access
>isn't too bad, even for large MDB files. It starts bogging down
>hard when your MDB size gets over ~20MB or so and >5 simultaneous
>read-write users, generally.

You're simply WRONG.

Wrong.

You obviously don't know how to design a properly functioning multi -user Access database.

I have a client with a 375MB Access database (3 tables have over 300K records in them) with 5-10 simultaneous read/write users. Performance is just fine, there is no corruption and there are no concurrency problems.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc