Re: Accessing MS Access tables from Oracle ?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 22:00:16 +0000 (UTC)

You are quite right my suggestion is obviously a server side thing. It is still horrible.

I'm left wondering why given you have a client device you wouldn't just write a prog with connections to the mdb and the server db and have done with it though? surely one doesn't want to interrogate access thru sql*plus.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
"damorgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> You may be correct. I've not gotten that deep into 9i. But I doubt it is
> through the Oracle Client as the poster requested.
>
> Still, all-in-all, it is a horrible idea.
>
> Daniel Morgan
>

> Niall Litchfield wrote:
>
> > I agree that it is possibly the worst idea I have seen in a while.
However