Alter Table Move, specifying target block?

From: Rene Nyffenegger <rene.nyffenegger_at_gmx.ch>
Date: 11 Mar 2002 19:30:21 GMT

Hello

Here's the problem that I've faced today. I needed to shring a tablespace. Needless to say that the tablespace was very fragmented and I first needed to defragment it a little. Working on 8i, I decided that is what 'alter table move' and 'alter index rebuild tablespace <same ts>' is for. I expected the moved segments to go towards the tablespace's beginning, but was wrong. It ended that I moved the segments to another tablespace, then shrunk the tablespace and moved them back.

The question is: is there a better way than that?

Rene

--
Recherchen im schweizerischen Handelsregister:
http://www.adp-gmbh.ch/SwissCompanies/Search.php3