Re: Accessing MS Access tables from Oracle ?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:49:59 -0000

I agree that it is possibly the worst idea I have seen in a while. However Oracle9i ships with a feature called 'Generic Connectivity' (not sure if it is there in 8i) which allows connection to any OLEDB or ODBC data source (presumably though I've not looked through the extproc interface). This would appear to allow what the OP wants.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA