Re: Parameters in function

From: Ken Denny <ken_at_kendenny.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 21:16:45 GMT

Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in news:NF8i8.13095$Gu6.5913606_at_typhoon.san.rr.com:

> Hmmm... I'd said your statement is definitely correct depending on
> which extra word you remove ('cannot' or 'can').
>
> Richard
>
> kazelot_at_thenut.eti.pg.gda.pl wrote:

>> I have read that function cannot can only have 'in' parameters?
>> Is that true?
>>
>> TIA,
>> kazelot

Interesting ambiguity of the English language in that either way the statement is incorrect.

"A function cannot have only 'in' parameters." Would mean that a function must have at least one parameter which is not an 'in'. This is not true.

"A function can have only 'in' parameters." Would mean that all parameters must be 'in'. This is also not true.

While a function may contain 'out' or 'in out' parameters, there are some who believe that it is not good programming practice to use them.

--
Ken Denny
http://www.kendenny.com/

Q: How many New-Age Psychologists does it take to change a light bulb? A:
Just one, but the bulb has to really want to change.