Does'nt the certification process help ?

From: Paul <pauln_at_netcom.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:36:03 -0500

I have been considering taking some Oracle courses, probably developer; I have been watching newsgroups and searching the web, which has led to a number of questions.

  1. Has no-one in the group every been placed successfully after training ?
  2. Does not the certification process (grade) help to distinguish qualified people ? I am getting the impression that almost everyone passes certification.
  3. Is it a question of the certification process not being as demanding as it should ?
  4. I guess there is not any form of trainer rating available, is there ?

I have alot more question's but that's probably more than enough for now. For info sake I am waiting on 9i, at which point I will install and explore.

BTW I'm in the Toronto area if anyone has any good training experiences.

Regards,
Paul Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 11:36:03 CST