Veritas and Oracle backups

From: Jon Vahlberg <jonov_at_iprimus.com.au>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:41:47 GMT

Hi,

I am looking at backing up a couple of tablespaces that are managed by Veritas DB Edition to Oracle. I would like to back them up to a separate directory but I don't want to mount a snapshot partition to do it. How can I do the following:

ALTER TABLESPACE <tablespace> BEGIN BACKUP;

cp <raw files> to backup directory

ALTER TABLESPACE <tablespace> END BACKUP;

Thanks in advance.

Jon. Received on Fri Mar 08 2002 - 03:41:47 CST