Problem with remote access

From: Udo Baumgart <info_at_ubit.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:03:25 +0100

Hi,

I defined an object type the following way:

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE t_plz AS OBJECT (

        lkz             VARCHAR2(3),
        plz             VARCHAR2(5)

)
/

The type has been created in a database prof. Now i have another database app. This db should access functions and types in db prof. I have created a db-link prof with a proper user and locally it is possible for this user to use the functions and types. But i need a remote access. If i try this in db test the following happens:

SQL> declare
  2 plz prof_admin.t_plz_at_prof;
  3 begin
  4 null;
  5 end;
  6 /
plz prof_admin.t_plz_at_prof;

                 *

ERROR at line 2:
ORA-06550: line 2, column 18:
PLS-00331: illegal reference to PROF_ADMIN.T_PLZ_at_PROF
ORA-06550: line 2, column 7:

PL/SQL: Item ignored

Strange? But now for something completly different *g*:

SQL> desc prof_admin.t_plz_at_prof
ERROR:
OCI-21500: internal error code, arguments: [kocgpn129], [2], [], [], [], [],
[], []

Nice as well, isn't it?

Can anyone help me? Please! It is a very urgent problem for me. We have expected difficulties accessing object types with php, perl or java... But not with oracle...

--

Ciao, Udo (Mülheim a.d. Ruhr)