Re: No access to instances after adding to Active Directory-Domain

From: Thomas Wenzl <twenzl_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 00:02:33 +0100

Hello Tommy,

tomsod978 wrote:
> I'm also experencing huge problems with Oracle (8.1.7) in an AD
> environment.
> If I install it using a locally defined account on the server machine
> everything works OK.
> But, if I install it using an AD defined account with all appropriate
> privs. it just won't work.
>
> This must be a bug in Oracle, it just can't handle AD defined
> accounts.

thank you for you answer.

The problem is, that my colleague wasn't using an Active Directory Account. The main difference between the configurations with and without Active Directory
was, that with Active Directory the Oracle server was member of the AD Domain.

Connecting from the client pc didn't change with that configuration and the services
work under the Local System account.

I don't understand it.. :-(

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Thomas Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 17:02:33 CST