Can I use Unix environment variables in PL/SQL?

From: Andrew <andyho99_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 12:20:37 -0800

Hello,

My understanding is that we can run Unix commands/scripts in PL/SQL. However, from PL/SQL context, it does not recognize the environment variables (similiar with Cron jobs). What's the best way to get around this problem? For example, I need to call sevaral shell scripts, which use environment variables in PL/SQL program. (I have to use environment variables in the scripts so that it can be run in production and test area.)

One possible solution is to run .profile in the beginning of all shell scripts. Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Mar 06 2002 - 14:20:37 CST