Re: You dont need Oracle

From: Bricklen Anderson <bricklen13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 09:42:19 -0800

In addition, if a company who can't really afford the software buys it, then you can imagine the quality of DBA that they will be able to hire -- pretty poor.
That being the case, the database will likely be mismanaged, resulting in the database getting a bad name (from that particular company, who will in turn tell their peers and network). The final result is that the db gets a less-than-stellar reputation, deserved or not, which will also reflect on prospective dbas that maintain the database.

No one wins in that kind of situation