Re: What database shall I use???

From: David W. Fenton <dXXXfenton_at_bway.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 02:11:14 GMT

gstromquist_at_nospamyahoo.com (Glen A Stromquist) wrote in <AY7h8.78895$Ym3.13140213_at_news0.telusplanet.net>:

>I have built a few simple applications in Access, quite small
>database wise and there was enough bugs to keep me busy for quite
>awhile when they were initially deployed. It would give me
>nightmares to think of a large mission critical application being
>deployed in Access alone.
>
>If you want rock solid security and data integrity go with a true
>RDBMS, such as SQL Server or Oracle, the latter being my
>preference ( I administrate both of them)

And what will your front end be built in?

Frankly, I doubt the credibility of your comment about having used Access to build a few databases. If you weren't lying about that, you'd know perfectly well that what you've written is a pile of crap because it ignores most of the whole problem space.

dfenton at bway dot net                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc