OCI 8, Multiplexing User Sessions

From: Alexei Polkhanov <alexp_at_ica.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:24:29 -0800

Citating OCI 8 Programmers guide:
"Applications, such as transaction servers, that perform active user load balancing
by multiplexing user sessions over a few server connections must group these connections into a server group. Oracle uses the server groups to identify these
connections so that sessions can be managed effectively and securely. and so on "

Did anyone tried to create MIGRATABLE USER SESSIONS ?

One thing I don't understand in particular: what make one session migrate between server
connections (withing same group) and do I need N migratable user sessions to utilize N server connections simultaneously ? It seems to me not a case since I suppose to have one NON-migratable user session per server connection
which is "actually" used for authentication.

Alexei. Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 16:24:29 CST