New services with 8.1.7

From: Randy Harris <randy.harris_at_nospam.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:51:33 GMT

I've recently begun working with 8i on Win2K. The default installation seems to have created several system services, the functions of which I am attempting to understand. I've been digging through the documentation but been unable to come up with clear explanations for several. I would appreciate some help.

OracleOraHome817Agent
OracleOraHome817DataGatherer

These two are apparently for the Enterprise Manager Agent?

OracleOraHome817ClientCache

The docs say this is "used for Client Cache Services", but I could find no further explanation.

Finally, what is the purpose of the HTTP server (OracleOraHome817HTTPServer) that it installs by default?

TIA

--
Randy Harris