Re: What database shall I use???

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:39:14 -0000

"James & Carla Buss" <jdbuss_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3C84E8CD.24833981_at_yahoo.com...
> We might be able to tell you if you told us what you want to do.

excellent advice.

> My bet is you'll use Access. Access is more than a toy database. It's
amazing
> what you can do with it.

Indeed though I'm reminded of the singing dog. Amazing but pointless. Assess the tools for the job. The other thing I'd say (grudgingly <VBG>). Is if you start with Access then SQLServer is the logical (though not the only) solution when the time comes to scale the app.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA