Re: jdbc No result in resultset

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:13:42 +0200

will_at_post.com wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have a Oracle 8i installation running on a windows 2k machine. I
> created a database someDB with several tables. All tables were created
> via the SQL+ Workbench. I'm connecting to that database from another
> computer (win 2k as well) via jdbc. Everything works ok that far, I
> can query the different tables from the database, except for one table
> that stores some 60,000 lines.
>
> If i do the query on the SQL+ workbench on the machine that runs the
> oracle database, it works perfectly. But when running exactly the same
> query from via the thin (I have to use that one) driver from a remote
> computer (but in the lcoal network), it does not work. Again, this
> only affects the huge table, all the other work perfectly.
>
> Here is the create Statement, maybe it helps you finding my problem:
> It is probably quite bad designed since I have not very much
> experience with oracle.
>
> CREATE TABLE travel (
> NoFrom varchar(8),
> frnlc varchar(8),
> frpsu varchar(8),
> UA varchar(8),
> orig VARCHAR(80),
> NoTo varchar(8),
> tonlc varchar(8),
> topsu varchar(8),
> dest VARCHAR(80),
> FNo varchar(8),
> KM varchar(8),
> INTERCHANGE VARCHAR(30),
> AD VARCHAR(12),
> AR VARCHAR(12),
> AOP VARCHAR(12),
> A7 VARCHAR(30),
> A7X VARCHAR(30),
> ALA7F VARCHAR(12),
> ala7x VARCHAR(12),
> ALC7F VARCHAR(12),
> alc7x VARCHAR(12),
> A30X VARCHAR(30),
> ALA30 VARCHAR(12),
> A30 VARCHAR(30),
> A90X VARCHAR(30),
> ALA90 VARCHAR(12),
> A90 VARCHAR(30),
> A180X VARCHAR(30),
> ALA180 VARCHAR(12),
> A180 VARCHAR(30),
> A365X VARCHAR(30),
> ALA365 VARCHAR(12),
> A365 varchar(8),
> CS varchar(8),
> CR varchar(8),
> COPr varchar(8),
> COP varchar(8),
> C7 varchar(8),
> C30X varchar(8),
> ALC30 varchar(8),
> C30 varchar(8),
> C90X varchar(8),
> ALC90 varchar(8),
> C90 varchar(8),
> C180X varchar(8),
> ALC180 varchar(8),
> C180 varchar(8),
> C365X varchar(8),
> ALC365 varchar(8),
> C365 varchar(8),
> SS varchar(8),
> SR varchar(8),
> PSr varchar(8),
> [...]

Hi Will,
Personally, in order for me to help you, I'd like (for a start) to know the following:

  1. Is your java app connecting to the database as a user who has access to the "travel" table?
  2. What error are you getting?
  3. Can you show me the stack trace?
  4. What is the query you are trying?
  5. Can you show me (part) of the java code that is causing the problem?
  6. What version of the Oracle JDBC driver are you using?
  7. What version of the JDK are you using?

Cheers,
Avi. Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 00:13:42 CST