Database VS Networking

From: Jack <jack852_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Mar 2002 13:31:01 -0800

Hi Everyone:

I am currently a university student studying degree in information technology. Starting from next semester, I will need to choose the area of concentration either on Networking(like LAN, WAN, Security, etc..) or Database (like PL/SQL, Data Administration, Data Warehouse, etc...). My problem is that I still really do not KNOW what kind of stuff I am INTERESTED in(even I have sit in different classes and get opinions from professors). I know my question is somehow really stupid and should not post in this forum, but I totally loss. I hope all the experts here can give me some advices on which area I should go.

Besides, as I know, I am not really strong in programming and not really enjoyed writing program. I would like to know, is there any major skill difference between database programming(PL/SQL, SQL*) and normal programming(C++, Java).

Thanks so much for the help.

Jack Received on Mon Mar 04 2002 - 15:31:01 CST